phafours press

Since 2007, phafours press [FA forz] has put out somewhere over 4 dozen chapbooks including flutter books and group chapbooks, singel author, charity ones and special calls. Although largely Covid-dormant, the publishing bug, once bitten, is apt to return. 

This fall's chapbook is a cento made from poems and interviews of Phil Hall, We Scrawl Our Likenesses. It was for his birthday and I made a few extra in case someone else would enjoy them. I made several copies then my printer felt moody. I made a few more once it as inexplicably recovered. (That link has a sample poem of the 7.)



I print at home, cut, hand glue, put in a ribbon and staple. In some copies, the ribbon will be collaborative art with wasps. Bald-face hornet nest I believe.  

I expect I'll have some on hand at the Ottawa small press fair at least along with copies of a couple titles by me put out by other people. Maybe I'll go to Toronto. TBD. I'm really quite hermit-sealed these days. 

Am I actively publishing? It depends on what I come across. If there's something I have compelled to publish I will in a very small run of under 20 copies. Especially if it is haiku. Which these poems are not. I do have a couple books of haiku to find homes for...Universe, you listening?